Friday, April 17, 2009

Received I-800 approval today

We received our I-800Approval today and its on the way to Texas as we speak! I can't believe this is finally, really happening!

This has been an unbelievably crazy two weeks. A stomach bug went through the entire family ending with me last weekend (and it lasted the entire weekend). Abbie went through two changes of sheets in about 3 days. Thank goodness I went down at my Mom's and she took care of me all weekend. I hit my head really hard within a half hour of getting sick so we were never sure if I had the stomach bug or a concussion or a series of unrelated events. Poor Mom was ready to check my pupils and I was not cooperating! :o)

I had to download and learn a new accounting tool last week and after 5 1/2 hours of attempting to download "Payroll" for Quickbooks and only having a small amount of it, I broke down and drove to Short Pump's Verizon store and bought an aircard. Now I have high speed internet just like the rest of civilization! Thanks for the tip Lee!

We had long hours at gymnastics, an Easter present of 6 kittens in the horse barn (the Momma cat had been hiding them for 5 weeks), rainrot on the horses necessitating medicated horse bathing, home schooling, dentist, repair of our upstairs bathroom's rotton subfloor and rusted toilet flange, preparation for an Easter dinner tomorrow, bank and post office trips for adoption stuff, quarterly tax filings, and a long list of things I did and a long list of things I forgot to do.

Speaking of forgetting things...I must have pregnancy brain (apparently it has nothing to do with hormone shifts). I'm forgetting everything these days and its downright scary! Dad suggested that I use Microsoft Works on my computer and write down every little detail with reminders set to go off. I hope it helps or I'm going to ruin my credit rating!

Last free association thought: anyone want kittens? They'll be ready to go in about 2 1/2 weeks and they're really cute!

No comments: