Today our guide successfully navigated our consulate appointment for us so we are on the other side of all the paperwork and will have one more official event tomorrow, the Swearing In Ceremony for new citizens. We'll then receive the remaining documents we will need to get Wyatt on the plane and then onto American soil.
I wanted you to see the normal view of Wyatt and Michael that I have as we walk through the streets here. I also wanted to include our new morning ritual (yes, that's Starbucks Mike Osmond!). The architecture here reminds me of Southern plantation homes like around S.C. Its beautiful here, so many brides and grooms come everyday to get their wedding photos taken on the street.
We had a huge scare today with Wyatt. He's run a high f-ver the past 2 days from the
vaccines (flu, MMR, DPT, pneumococcal, varicella, and HIB). Today he wasn't feverish and acted ornery, but more normal than he had since the shots. Then shortly after naptime began, he began a series of what seemed to be violent night terrors in his sleep. We couldn't get him to calm or really focus when he was in the middle of one and he was totally revulsed by any touch and was violently moving his legs. This lasted off and on for ~ 1.5 hours. So we moved him to our bed and I laid down beside him and fell asleep when he finally settled. He was like this from 1:00 to 5:00 and at 5:00 we tried to wake him to prepare to go to supper and because now we were getting worried. He doesn't sleep this long. We couldn't wake him. We tried cold water, rubbing his chest, tapping his feet, moving him around and speaking to him but he was a rag doll. His eyes would loll back into his head and he would go out again when we would try to rouse him. I felt like I couldn't breathe. I called our travel buddy, Tamera, to come help us and give her opinion. Here we are 9,000 miles from home and at the mercy of their medical system if we chose to use it. We had been trying to wake him for ~ 15 minutes when Tamera came in. She began to help try to wake him and expressed concern as well. We finally got him to open his eyes and focus on us after about 5 more minutes, but he still was a rag doll. I
called our guide and asked him to come. Then Tamera hit her knees and prayed over Wyatt. Within 15 more minutes, he was sitting up, eating a cracker and beginning to talk a little. 5 minutes later he was standing up. Bob, our guide, called a doctor here and he said to watch Wyatt overnight as he had had fevers and 6 vaccines and was now able to walk and talk. We went to supper with Bob and our traveling companions and Wyatt ate the best he's eaten since the shots and has been our old Wyatt ever since: very physically active, happy, expressive and playful. The big turning point in Wyatt's condition was immediately after Tamera prayed over him. Which leads me to my final request for you back home. Please pray the other family and us home. There has been so much spiritual battle this trip. Mike and I had not prayed much the past couple days as were being laid back and recuperating before the big travel home. The lack of communication with our Father was clearly a mistake. I praise our wonderful Father who so graciously delivered our son from whatever was wrong without us having to go further for care. I praise Him for a healthy son who is now alert and active and acting normal. I praise Him for being with us(Romans 8:38 & 39) even a world away and for providing for us today in the shape of our dear travel friends and our guide. I am grateful for your prayers and phone calls and emails. We appreciate you all soooooo much! Our thoughts and prayers are with you as well!
If you would like to help foreign born orphans adopted by Americans, please contact your government representative and ask them to abolish the policy that these orphans cannot immigrate to the States until their vaccinations are caught up and they have a TB test. This could lead to them receiving 6 or more vaccines on one day or the family being delayed by several weeks to months in bringing the child home even after the child is legally theirs.
May our Father bless you abundantly and surround you with His love.
No comments:
Post a Comment